Saturday, March 5, 2011

Strange Dream

Well, this is my first post about a dream, a dream that I had last night. It isn't one that stood out or really took me by surprise, but it's the first dream I can remember in the past few nights.

So, let me see what I remember...

I was going to school, some high school somewhere and it was the end of the day and I had stayed late to help out with some sort of even. Some snobby girls were at a booth blocking the exit so I had  to go around them and I know that we said something but I don't know what. The girls said something rude though.
My dream then jumped to me being on a bus that was taking me home but I saw a friend I guess that needed my help, so I stopped the bus and jumped out to go see the friend. It was really crowded with cars and kids in every direction. My friend ended up getting in a car and driving off. I started walking to get onto a sidewalk and thought "Okay, what next?"
I realized that I needed to get on the bus to get home, the bus was still behind me and was going to be passing me once it got through the traffic. I ran up to try and get the buses attention by waving my arms and yelling. The bus left me. I knew that id have to walk home.
My dream jumped again back to just after I had left school and the snobby girls, just outside. It was getting dark fast and I knew that I needed to walk fast, it would take me at least an hour to get home. The place looked and felt empty, quiet and desolate. I wondered which way would be the fastest home, when I saw some kid. He was standing and staring at a fence on the corner of the street, he was talking to the fence and saying, "I can't see through it! I can't!"
And so I came up to him and told him that I'm going that way, and to wait for me.
It doesn't make sense, but it did in the dream.
Next thing I know, I'm walking alone and it is getting darker. I find some sort of play ground and I am climbing up it, like the kids play set and going up, up, up, until I think to myself "that is the right way home, I'm 5 stories up now." And then some random guy pops up and starts talking to me, "Hey! I'm a skater!" and I hear a skate board rolling down bellow on the ground, but he isn't the one doing it because he had climed up to catch me. I needed to get to the tenth story. The guy keeps climbing after me, and he is too fast. I tell yell at him to stop, just go, leave me alone! I'm afraid of what he will do if he catches me, so I make it to the top floor and find more stairs that lead up, and to the side I see some play equipment bar things, one that spirals down to the ground and one that is blue and curves away from the stairway. I choose the blue one that leads away, I grab some bars and swing myself across until I get to the bar that I can put my feet onto. I then Ride, or surf pretty much, down the long blue bar. It is getting even darker now. I jump off and try to run off, but my legs feel stiff and hard to move. Eventually I start running and make it to some grassy area and make a phone call on my cell phone to my dad. I call him and tell him I need to be picked up, I missed the bus and to please hurry. I look at the street signs to tell him where I am, the signs say "Grant" and something else that I can't remember anymore. I can't hear him, but I know that we had a conversation of some kind.
Again, Some random person comes and starts following me, they are scary looking and just creepy. I keep moving and start running again. I make another call to someone, they pick up but they won't really listen. I tell them that I am being followed and don't know where I am. As I say that, other people around me turn to watch me. The person on the phone is just rambling on and on about what they are doing and I am getting frustrated and explain again.
"I need to be picked up. People are following me, and I'm scared. Please."
I think after that I hang up and keep looking back over my shoulder to to watch for the guy following me. Now they have a friend with them and they are both following me. I start running, but avoiding any suspicious looks. I make it to another park with sand and lots of little kids and parents. I run up and get down low, maybe they will keep walking past the park.
So, I sit in the sand and wait next to a group of little kids playing in the sand. I see the guys searching the park for me. They talk and then split up.
For some reason I notice that I'm wearing a red shirt. Usually I don't know what I look like or am wearing. I try and tug on some girl's shirt to ask her for help. No response. I tug her again and still nothing. I try again and again saying "Excuse me" but I give up when she still doesn't respond, just goes and plays with the children in the sand.
That's when I guess I realize that she was some kind of Midget, autistic deaf and mute woman....
Really... That's what I dreamed..
Then I turn to a group of mothers who were watching their children play and ask them, "Excuse me, can you help me?" and I almost start crying. They turn and say, "Sure, what is it? Are you okay?"
I start explaining my day and then...

My alarm goes off.


Wow. That was pretty long.

1 comment:

Electric Addict said...

Good stuff. Do you ever have lucid dreams from writing them down?